I guess I invented these. I was trying to achieve purple blondes, you know, follow the purple trend. Soooo, I made a simple blondie recipe, added some blueberries and blended it up. They didn’t turn out as purple as I’d hoped, but they were pretty good.
I only made a half batch, but that seemed to bake very well and evenly. I was concerned about burning the blueberries but I succeeded in not charring the bars (for once). Of course I fancied them up before taking a few pictures, but even the edges were perfect. Enjoy!
Blueberry Scone Bars
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup melted butter (sub vegan earth balance butter)
3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350
- Throw everything in a blender leaving out the blueberries
- once thoroughly blended, add in the blueberries and blend smooth.
- Line a baking sheet or brownie pan with parchment and poor batter , spreading it out, about 1 inch thick
- bake for 27-30 minutes and let cool before removing from pan.
- cut into bars and enjoy!!